Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Day 10 (Fun in Ecuador)

Wednesday, January 24, 2017

The next day, I woke up and ate the hotel breakfast before going to pack my things and grab my camera to take a few photos and videos. I walked around the hotel filming and ended up at the beach. There was some awesome graffiti on the sea wall to take in, and I took a little walk before going back to the hotel. I put on my swimsuit, chilled in the pool, got out, and drank some more virgin cocktails until we boarded the bus and left for our next hotel. 


The ride to the next hotel was only about 35-45 minutes and was filled with chatter and window watching. Once we arrived, we all went to a conference room and got some information on the hotel. We got out bracelets that said if we were underaged or and adult. Our rooms were still being serviced, so we ended up waiting a little while. 30 minutes later, we got our room, got settled, changed into our swimsuits and started exploring the pools and beach. The beach here was better than the first, with more sand and much larger waves. The waves were some of the biggest I had ever seen. They were very fun and exhausting to swim in. I ended up swimming around with Gracie and later Martin (Czech Republic). Martin is one of my favorite exchange students. He is simply crazy and cooky in the best way (reminds me of my youngest brother). He rolled down the hill of sand straight into the ocean. And told me that I simply must try's method of handling the waves. He put his head straight into the water  (he looked like he was drowning) and he simply let the waves take over. We all also jumped into the waves. I got thrown around quite a bit, but the water was so refreshing. Afterwards, we all went to go play volleyball. Henry and Felix (another Rotarian), even joined in. After a while, I had to leave the volleyball, as it wasn’t my sport and I was now sandy. I took a quick rinse in the shower, went to take a real shower, and then went to dinner. After dinner, a group of the exchange students went to the beach to dance, listen to music, and chill out. Before long, we had to go back to our rooms so we didn’t break curfew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day I Don't Want to Forget

May 17, 2018 This is simply one of those little days of exchange you probably won't remember if you don't write it down. So here i...