Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Day 5 (Gocta Waterfall)

Friday, January 19, 2018

Another early morning and breakfast before we boarded the buses and set off for our early hike. The hike was leading to some gorgeous waterfalls and started about 1 hour away from our hotel. The bus luckily didn’t get stuck in any mud this time around and we all arrived on time. The motivation to do this hike was fairly nonexistent, as the hike to the waterfalls was 2 hours and was through the mountainous jungle. We all somehow managed and we stared the wet and difficult hike to the waterfalls. To help with the difficulties of the hike was the nature…

I eventually made it to the Gocta Waterfall with Elsbeth (the Netherlands). The hike was surely difficult, but the views made it worth it. I had to go change my clothes, which meant I had to go into the trees for coverage. This was all fine and dandy until I slipped and fell going back down. It ended up being alright, as Fred (Germany) came to help me down (I have endeared worse pain). After changing,  I got to swim in the waterfalls with Lise (France), Agathe (France), and Axelle (Belgium), which was quite the experience. While the water wasn’t warm, the part difficult part of being near the falls was the wind that would pick up and spray you with cold water that stung (you also were slightly blind). 


After the swim in the world's third tallest waterfall, we all changed and hiked back. The hike back was worse, as we were going uphill more. However Salome (Switzerland) managed to keep me motivated and going. After we got back, we quickly ate, and boarded the buses. We rushed through the showers, loaded the buses, and headed to our next city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day I Don't Want to Forget

May 17, 2018 This is simply one of those little days of exchange you probably won't remember if you don't write it down. So here i...