Saturday, July 8, 2017

Saying Goodbye x2

July 5th wasn't a day I was looking for. Neele left at 9 the morning. It wasn't an easy goodbye, and my eyes might have gotten a little teary as I told her goodbye. But, I know I will be seeing her again and that she will be having a great time with her family exploring a bit more of the United States.

After saying goodbye to Neele, I went to pack my bag for an overnight stay with my friend Ethan. Before I went to Ethan's house, however, I went to Fort Wayne to go spend some time with Coni before we said our goodbye. But, before I went to go see Coni, mom and I went to Chase so we could get a credit card for me. Another check off my pre-exchange list.

After the bank, I got dropped off at my cousin's house (Coni's host family). We got to spend a few hours together before we all headed to Steak n' Shake to go get a last American meal for Coni. After getting milkshakes and burgers, we all headed to the airport.

Once at the airport, we all took pictures and waited for Vilte (Lithuanian RYE student) and Coni's 2nd host parents to get to the airport to say goodbye.
Last photo together :) Me, Coni, and Vilte
After the airport, my cousin Doug took me to Ethan's house in Ashley. Once Ethan and I got together, he totally uplifted my mood. Glad you are in my life Ethan :)

After we had dinner, Ethan and I rode bikes to a nearby park and caught up with each other. After watching the sunset we rode back to the house and got ready for the next day's adventure, Cedar Point.



The next day, everyone woke up bright and early to start on the drive to Cedar Point. Me, being who I am, fell back asleep on the way. Nonetheless, I woke back up for a great day with Ethan.

In short, we went around the park and went on many rides that could be deemed for children. I quickly found out that Ethan doesn't like heights (not ideal for Cedar Point). But we managed to have a great day anyways, and I got to do rides I hadn't done before at Cedar Point. We also went to the beach toward the end of the night for the sunset :)

At the beach :)

In a photo booth!

Thank you so much Ethan and the Easterdays for giving me such a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day I Don't Want to Forget

May 17, 2018 This is simply one of those little days of exchange you probably won't remember if you don't write it down. So here i...