Friday, July 7, 2017

German Reunion

June 23, 2017
Throughout the month of June, I had been anticipating this date. My family briefly hosted a German exchange student last year, and she was coming back to see us and all of her friends until July 5th, when she would continue her American adventure with her parents. So on the 23rd, my mom, Sydney, and I all drove to Michigan City to go have lunch with our German sister and her parents. After arriving, we had a wonderful lunch and got to meet Neele's very kind parents.

My lunch from when we went and got Neele :)

After lunch, us girls headed out to the nearby outlets to spend some money that had been burning holes in our pockets. At the outlets, I bought a pair of American Eagle shorts, an American Eagle shirt, Maurice's T-shirt, two pairs of tennis shoes at Reebok, and a hat at Colombia that I will use when hiking. After spending what felt like entirely too much, us girls headed home. 

June 24, 2017
The next day was a Saturday, and after Neele, Sydney, and I all woke up, we went to our family's country house in Ohio to clean up the yard. So, us very strong ladies began loading up branches into my dad's truck and carting them to the river bottom. We did about 4-5 loads of branches before us out of shape gals got tired and called it quits. In our defense, we did need to get cleaned up before our evening activity, a wedding.

So us girls got home, ate some food, got showered, and dolled ourselves up for a family friend's wedding. My family being who we are, we planned to leave very early because something always goes wrong. Well, we left so early that we had time to burn and we ended up at Meijer. After Meijer, we thought we had the perfect amount of time to get to the church...until we couldn't find the church. On our third church, we found the right one, about five minutes before the service started. The wedding was Neele's first and was just another thing for us to take her to do. 

Neele and I before the wedding
Us ladies looking good at the reception   
June 25, 2017
Sunday the 25th was spent at the lake with Neele and my extended family. We had a typical Mayer meal. One thing my mom's half of the family pride themselves in is their ability to make delicious food to enjoy at the lake. So lucky Neele got to meet my giant family and try to remember who they all are, whilst enjoying American ribs and my family's version of German Potato salad. We had a late lunch and when my family got home, we decided to skip dinner and instead, Mason and I decided to give Neele a spin on the four wheeler. Watching Neele struggle to drive the four wheeler was needless to say, very entertaining. After we got done on the four wheeler, Mason, Neele, and I all tried to convince my mom to let Neele drive us to Steak n' Shake for milkshakes. While we didn't convince her to let Neele take us, we did convince our dad to drive us. 
Steak n' Shake selfie
June 26, 2017
Monday was the last day I spent with Neele before I left for my next summer adventure, Disney World. I spent the morning packing and hanging out with Neele before she was picked up by a friend to go horseback riding. At about 4:45 I arrived at the school with my mom to get on a bus for 24 hours so that I could be in Orlando, Florida. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Day I Don't Want to Forget

May 17, 2018 This is simply one of those little days of exchange you probably won't remember if you don't write it down. So here i...